Friday, November 13, 2009

At a loss for words...

Hello all. No, I didn't forget to post, nor have I been to busy. Have been feeling a little blue and at a loss for words these days. My recent discover of the death of my country has come as a little overwhelming thought for me, and I am still trying to get a grasp mentally on what i do from here. I thought there were answers and now know there are none. At least none that seem feasible in any sense to me.

I am brewing a few posts in my mind, but haven't really formulated exactly what I am going to saw. It seems not even my Asianology 101 was enough to even encourage a post.

I will say this. America is most definitely dead. And more and more people are aware of it that ever before, even if it is on a subconscious level. My wife and I attended a university hockey game tonight, and I couldn't help but notice that during the national anthem... almost no one was placing their hand over their heart. I gave up this practice many years back as I have not felt honor for my country for some time (no offense to those that served, I revere you more than those that sent you off on your various tasks). It was to the point that not one player nor their coaches showed this simple gesture... none of the officials for the game that should be setting the example at the very least... and maybe (and I do mean, maybe) 1 out of ever 40 people in the stands did this. That is less than 2.5% of the people in the stadium that found it fitting to pay tribute to the flag. America is most definitely dead, and more and more are figuring it out. And the best I can guess is that, like myself, that don't know what else to do other than keep on keeping on.

Until I think of something grander to post..................

2 comments:

  1. Everybody is a leader. If they choose to be. Doesn't cost much to make the effort yourself. You might even surprise yourself with your influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I gave up this practice many years back as I have not felt honor for my country for some time"

    What is your point here? Are you disappointed that others are not doing what you gave up doing many years back? Did that little slap get your attention?

    I do not agree with the direction that the USA is taking today but I will stand up, take off my hat, put my hand over my heart, and see if I can make a difference. I still have not seen any greater place to live so it is important to strive for improvement.

    ReplyDelete